Saturday, September 11, 2010

Presentation tools

For this week's blog assignment, I chose to look at VCASMO and 280 Slides, because I knew that I would want to add both pictures and videos to my presentation.

VCASMO has a dual screen, so in one screen you can show a video while the other screen shows a slide show. VCASMO has many examples of other presentations that have been created for you to look at. It seemed fairly simple to synchronize the video to the slides. I would not reccomend using this presentation tool for the course project, unless your endangered species is local to your area and you are able to obtain extensive video footage of the animalin it's natural enviroment.

280 slides is an online presentation tool similar to powerpoint. You can easily add photos and videos to your presentation. I would reccomend 280 slides for the course project because it is easy to use even for less than technical savvy people like me. 280 Slides has a presentation tour that you can take and experiment with. It can also be saved as a powerpoint, if you need to use it where there is no internet access.

280 Slides - Create & Share Presentations Online. (n.d.). 280 Slides - Create & Share Presentations Online. Retrieved September 11, 2010, from http://280slides.com

VCASMO- Home. (n.d.). VCASMO - Home. Retrieved September 11, 2010, from http://vcasmo.com

3 comments:

  1. I also really liked using the 280 slides. I felt that it was easy to use and would definitely lend itself well to this course project along with being used in the classroom my teachers or students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. C Williams
    Yes, but after reading others posts I wonder if I should challenge myself more by using trying something new for this project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Petrece, thank you for the great recommendation. I will surely check it out. I love that you can easily add so many photos and videos. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete