Saturday, March 13, 2010

Week 2 Application

When I created my lesson, I started by looking at the benchmarks for Project 2061. Once I found one that applied to my classroom, I thought about a concept that is difficult for my students to understand. I then considered ways that I could modify the lessons for my classroom's diversity.

Using the 5 E's strategy was helpful but the order did not make sense to me. I usually list the materials needed before the lesson. I also found some of the questions repetitive.

When I usually plan a lesson, I look at the state grade level expectations(GLE) and the depth of knowledge expected for that GLE. I then look at the material provided in my text and consider how much time I have to teach the concept. I then will add to the book's material with videos or hands on activities.

The logistics that I have to consider when planning to complete this lesson is what the weather is like and if the gym is available during that class time. I also have to consider the budget for the cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment